You want to escape from everyday life?
This burger creation makes the other burgers look old! Pssst... it's particularly good for surprising your friends on a dinner night.
for 4 persons
- 200 g VEGGIE CRUMBZ Red Beet
- 700 g fresh, brown mushrooms
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Garlic powder, paprika powder, salt, pepper as required
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 2 linseed-eggs
- 200 g chickpea flour (gluten free) oder whole wheat flour
- Oatmeal as needed (if batter is too runny)
- You can also add lentils or chickpeas to the recipe
- 525 g flour
- 200 ml warm water
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1 cube fresh yeast
- 80 g soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tubes of black food coloring
- 35 g sugar
- 8 g salt
- 1 cup VEGGIE CRUMBZ Red Beet
- 1 bunch rocket
- 2 tomatoes
- Unlimited: great burger sauces
STEP BY STEP
1. Put on your apron, wash your hands and let's go! Don't forget - wear gloves, the food coloring is very intense.
2. Now mix sugar, water and milk in a mixing bowl, crumble in the yeast cube and let this mixture rest for 5 minutes so that the yeast can start to multiply.
3. After the yeast has had its rest period, add the butter, eggs, flour, and salt and mix to form an even batter. Now add the food coloring and mix it so that the entire dough is colored evenly.
4. Just like the yeast, the dough needs to rest a bit after the exertion - let it rise in a warm place for about an hour.
5. Now your skill is required - form 4 well-shaped buns of the same size from the dough. Place them on a baking sheet and let them rise again for an hour.
6. Now the buns are almost done - before they go into the oven at a preheated 200 degrees, top and bottom heat for 18 minutes, whisk 1 egg and 2 tablespoons each of water and milk, carefully brush the buns with the mixture and sprinkle the VEGGIE as needed CRUMBZ Red Beet on top.
7. 50% are already done. While the oven does the rest of the work with the buns, the patties continue. To do this, you first have to prepare the flaxseed eggs: Dissolve 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed in a little water and let it swell - done! Next, you can finely chop the mushrooms and add the spices, onions and garlic to this mass. Fry everything in a pan in olive oil until all the water has evaporated and leave to cool. Finally add the flour, the flaxseed eggs and, if necessary, the lentils/chickpeas and oatmeal and leave to swell for about 5 minutes. Now the dough is ready for you to shape into beautiful patties - you should get 4 out of the recipe in total 😉
8. Now the pan is ready for your use! Now fry the patties hot in plenty of oil until they have gained stability through the frying process. Now take the mushrooms out of the pan and dab off the fat with kitchen paper - because now it's getting colorful!
9. Whisk the egg, roll the dabbed patties in flour, pull them through an egg before you bread them with the VEGGIE CRUMBZ Red Beet. Since the buns should now be ready, take them out and turn the oven to 165 degrees.
10. Before it goes into the oven, it is roasted one more time! Put the pan with plenty of oil on medium temperature and fry the breading. Pour some of the hot oil from the pan over the patties from time to time while they are frying.
11. When the breading is lightly seared, pat the patties dry and let them cook in the oven for another 5 minutes to perfect. Then you can decorate your colorful burger according to taste, desire, mood and creativity - Bon appetit!