Couscous with a difference! Originally from North Africa, couscous is a popular side dish here today. Above all, it is prepared much faster than rice and in the form of these balls on lamb's lettuce just awesome!
for 20 balls
- 250 g Couscous (raw)
- 250 ml water
- 1TL vegetable broth
- 100 g feta-cheese or vegan alternative
- 1 big carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- ANKERKRAUT Ras el Hanout
- ANKERKRAUT Pommes Frites Salz
- chickpea flour or conventional flour & water for batter
- app. 120 g VEGGIE CRUMBZ Red Beet
- 1 handful lamb's lettuce per person
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- Salt, pepper
- Pine nuts, sesame seeds and pomegranate seeds for garnish
STEP BY STEP
1. First put on your apron, wash your hands and put on your favorite music.
2. While you are cooking the couscous with vegetable broth according to the packaging instructions, you can peel and grate the carrot. Now mix the couscous, the carrot, the garlic and the ANKERKRAUT spices according to your own taste (but not too little, couscous can take a lot!). Next, crumble the feta alternative and add it to the mass. Now your ball rolling skills are in demand. It is best to use a tablespoon so that the balls are always the same size.
3. Now is the right time to preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Then it's time for the breading! For the batter, put the (chickpea) flour in a bowl and add water until you get a pancake-like consistency. You can also season the batter directly with some french fries salt. Next, pour the VEGGIE CRUMBZ Red Beet into another bowl. To create a good crispy coating, first roll the balls through the batter and then through the VEGGIE CRUMBZ Red Beet.
4. The finished balls are ready for the oven. Spread them out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put them in the oven for 25 minutes. As soon as the breading is crispy, the couscous balls are ready. It's best to keep an eye on the balls during the baking time so that they don't get too brown ;)
5. All that's missing now is the salad. To do this, wash the lamb's lettuce thoroughly and stir together all the ingredients for the dressing mentioned above. Arrange the balls with the salad on your favorite plate, garnish with pine nuts, sesame seeds and pomegranate - done. Enjoy your meal!