Recipe can be prepared with meat or vegetarian.
Japanese food is pretty good as a take away - but unfortunately without VEGGIE CRUMBZ. If you don't want to miss your favorite CRUMBZ and you want your Katsu to be even hotter, it only takes a little time. But believe me, it will be worth it. Especially with gluten intolerance or vegetarian alternatives, it is worth having your own interpretation in the kitchen!
for 3 schnitzel
- 100 g VEGGIE CRUMBZ Orange Carrot
- 1 Tofu (Veggie) oder 1 x chicken fillet
- 40 g flour
- 2 eggs (also possible in vegan with batter)
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 2/3 teaspoons salt
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Spring onions and red chili for garnish
- Rice as needed
- sweet chili sauce
- optional Chinese cabbage as a side dish
STEP BY STEP
- Only necessary for Tofu Katsu Watch out! You need to start preparing for the katsu a few hours early, preferably the night before. It's also very quick! All you have to do is cut the tofu into 3 slices and weigh each slice down with a water-filled saucepan. This causes the tofu to drain a lot so that the breading sticks much better later.Don't forget to wash your hands, put on your apron and let's go!
- Don't forget to wash your hands, put on your apron and let's go!
- We start directly with the breading. Use your prepared tofu strips or chicken fillets for this. As a VEGGIE CRUMBZ fan, you probably already know the snack with the breading - 3 bowls, first the flour, then the whisked eggs, finally the vegetable crust with the spices - ready to fry!
- Now it's time to put the rice on. In the next step, heat plenty of oil in a pan and fry your katsu schnitzel until the desired golden brown color.
- For the final touch, only a few sliced spring onions and some red chili are missing. Chinese cabbage, for example, is a great side dish. Top it off with a bit of chili sauce and enjoy!