You want to bread gluten-free, vegan or maybe even both with our VEGGIE CRUMBZ? No problem!
A little tip: If you want to bread tofu or similar water-based foods, you should weigh them down for several hours beforehand so that the water can escape. A pot with water is particularly suitable for this. This way the batter will hold up much better! For breading you need...
Adjust ingredients according to recipe and quantity
- VEGGIE CRUMBZ of your choice
- Flour or chickpea flour (as a gluten-free variant)
- Salt, pepper and herbs upon need
STEP BY STEP
- Put on your apron, wash your hands and let's go!
- First you mix a slightly heaped tablespoon of flour with three tablespoons of water and your favorite spices as well as salt & pepper - especially important because we do not use any salt in our vegetable breading. Now stir until you get a smooth thickened mixture. This mass will replace the egg when breading.
- In two separate bowls, fill one with pure flour and one with the VEGGIE CRUMBZ. In the third bowl is your finished flour-water mixture.
- Here we go! First you turn your breadcrumbs in the flour, then you dip it in your egg alternative as normal. Last step are the VEGGIE CRUMBZ - treat your fried food to a dip in the crispy vegetable breading. Finished!
- Now it's getting hot in the pan. Fry your fried food in heat-resistant oil and gently at medium temperature until the breading is golden brown. Happy crunch!
PS: If you don't know what to bread, have a look at our recipes on the website or on our Instagram channel 😉