The Poké Bowl has its origins in Hawaiian & Japanese cuisine, the main ingredient is normally raw and diced fish. Our Poké Bowl swaps out the fish for VEGGIE CRUMBZ breaded eggs from happy chickens in Wayne's grandma's garden.
The rice that is usually served is replaced by the superfood quinoa, plus some vegetables - et voilà - your healthy, vegetarian lunch is ready to enjoy.
for 4 persons
- 250g quinoa
- 100 g dark lentils
- ½ bunch of coriander
- 100 g Edamame *
- 400 g carrots
- 1 broccoli
- 1 mango
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup chick pea flour (gluten free) or wheat flour
- 1 small cup VEGGIE CRUMBZ per egg (try different varieties VEGGIE CRUMBZ for a colorful bowl)
- 400 ml broth
- 150 ml soy sauce
- 150 ml mirin*
- 150 ml sake* (rice wine)
- 125 g sugar
- 35 g cornstarch
* you can get it in your Asian market around the corner 😉
STEP BY STEP
1. Put on your apron, wash your hands and let's go!
2. Prepare the quinoa according to the instructions on the packaging, giving it some time to steep. You can also simmer the broccoli for 15 minutes. Also cook 4 of the 5 eggs.
3. Now start preparing the dressing so that the bowl doesn't stand for too long after snipping. Add sake and mirin to a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Add the soy sauce, broth and sugar and bring to the boil again. Now the dressing is done - just dissolve the cornstarch in a little water and stir, add this to the pot and boil one last time - done.
5. The dressing is now allowed to cool. Time to hit the bowl! Use the already prepared quinoa as a base. Chop the other ingredients to your liking and add them to the quinoa.
6. Whisk the last egg, moisten the pre-boiled eggs a little, roll them in the flour and then pull them through the whisked egg. The last step is a bath in the VEGGIE CRUMBZ.
7. Now it's getting hot! Fry the breaded eggs for 2 minutes at 160 degrees.
8. Enjoy your meal!